[teacherartexchange] Leaf Recipe

---------

From: Ginnie Mickelson (ginmick_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 20 2005 - 16:15:04 PDT

Hi,

I'm searching for a recipe that will reduce a leaf to its skeletal
form, that is, so just the veins show. I found one recipe that requires
boiling the leaves in 100 percent caustic soda (aka sodium hydroxide,
aka lye), rinsing and soaking them in bleach, then rinsing. Does anyone
know of a recipe that uses less hazardous substances? Or that is less
complex?

Thank you,
Ginnie