Re:[teacherartexchange] Distance Learning

---------

From: Terry Marney (terrylou63_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 17 2005 - 13:03:57 PDT

I took a college course, Greek & Roman Art History, in this type of setting. The instructor taught her class from a different campus and we watched on a TV. We were able to ask questions and respond. I found it very frustrating as a student, though, for a couple of reasons. First of all, the instructor had a very thick accent (Greek??) and was difficult to understand....and the acoustics were terrible. So my first suggestion is to be sure to enunciate when you speak. Secondly, when the instructor gave handouts to her class, she assumed that we had received them as well. We rarely did. There was some kind of a communication breakdown or a problem with the fax machines between campuses. So as students, we felt that we were not getting the same information as the other class. (I actually withdrew from this class after a while because it became so frustrating.) I just thought I'd mention it so that you can be aware of some of the issues that could come up....hopefully not!
 Best of luck to you!
Terry