[teacherartexchange] Newly Designed Louvre Web site

---------

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 17 2005 - 09:34:37 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

The Louvre has redesigned their web site. This was posted in Scout Report.

12. Musee du Louvre [Macromedia Flash]
http://www.louvre.fr/

Celebrating 10 years online, the Louvre Museum presents its newly redesigned
website for 2005. Online visitors can view the museum's permanent collection
of more than 175,000 works of art, by starting with any of the eight
curatorial departments, or using the kaleidoscope feature for a thematic
approach that groups works by themes such as Masterpieces, Water, or Daily
Life. As an example, the Department of Painting showcases 177 selected
works, which can also be viewed by country, or thematic trail. The site also
provides access to databases, such as ATLA (works on display); the inventory
of the Department of Prints & Drawings; and Joconde: Works in French
museums. .... If you just want to see the Mona Lisa, or work by any
artist, try the search box (upper right hand corner), to retrieve a
simple list of results. Future plans for the site include more
thematic trails, more personalization, and online ticket sales. [DS]

>From The Scout Report, Copyright Internet Scout Project 1994-2005.
http://scout.wisc.edu/

Enjoy your visit. I updated my link on Museums page.

Judy Decker

--
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/