[teacherartexchange] Interesting site

---------

From: Ann Ayers (art304_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 17 2005 - 06:43:44 PDT

Manhole Sewer Art

To most of us a manhole is just something we drive over, a circular
doorway
into an underground world we'd rather not visit. But to some city
planners
and urban artists, manholes are seen as iron canvases on which to place
seals, city logos, and original artwork.

This site is a gallery of 'Sewer Art', containing images of diverse
manholes from every continent on the planet. Check out the various
photos,
read a brief history of modern sewage systems, then go to the "Manshop"
where you can buy t-shirts and postcards adorned with, well, manholes.

http://www.manhole.ca/