Re: [teacherartexchange] Distance Learning

---------

From: Diane C. Gregory (dianegregory_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 16 2005 - 18:01:55 PDT

I can understand how you would feel unsure. I would feel the same way. I
sometimes feel very much that way with teaching online. It is unchartered
territory.

Remember you have many years of experience and lots of living to share with your
students. Try to put your fears aside, if you can. One suggestion. When I get
scared...I admit it to my students. I invite them to participate in making
decisions how best to go about using the technology. They feel more a part of
the experience and I actually learn better how to present the material in a way
that my students find meaningful. So invite them into the teaching and learning
process. Remember, too, they are probably new at this, too. You can reassure
each other and together you could have a very rich and meaningful experience.

Cheers,

Diane

--
Dr. Diane C. Gregory