[teacherartexchange] clay fish to clay portraits

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 14 2005 - 19:27:00 PDT

I have summer art classes at home - we did the clay fish from the IAD page
submitted by Tracy Albert -
also found here:
http://www.lz95.org/mw/talbert/arthome28.htm

anyway - my teenage son looked at them and said they did them in their high
school class this year (a VA magnet) - I said - "you did clay fish?"
Because I just didn't see that as a project -

He said they did the same structure - but held it so that the back fin
became a 'profile' that they cut away for a nose - the eyes remained eyes -
and the fish mouth was the top of the head (with added hair)... no tail -
just a neck. Thought it sounded good for another project.

If you look at Tracy's fish, you can see how it would work.

Ellen