Re: [teacherartexchange] 7-minute teach

---------

staciemich_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue Jun 14 2005 - 12:48:55 PDT

I don't really know the reason. The class is a requirement for certification. We have to create lesson plans and perform four "teaches" in front of members of our class and a lab instructor. We have seven minutes and must include certain things in each teach. The instructor video tapes us and grades us. If you are over or under seven minutes by any more than 15 seconds, they deduct points. I don't really see the reason for this other than teaching us how to condense lessons or so that they can get through everyone during class. For this teach, we have to also demonstrate wait times and promts. It's very stressful.