Re: [teacherartexchange] Computer arts

---------

From: david gran (dsgran_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 13 2005 - 12:05:23 PDT

I've used photoshop and imovie with 6-8 and its worked
very well. Younger than that I tend not to like to do
too much computer work with - they tend to get more
out of tactile activities. Its not that I have
anything against computers (I teach all my high school
classes on computer), its more an issue of being
developmentally appropriate.

That being said, if you REALLY want to do computer
stuff, there are simple programs out there (like MS
Paint that comes with PCs) and some fun internet sites
(like mrpicassohead.com) that can get students
actively engaged with the computer. imovie is great
for elementary as well, if you want to get into video.

david

http://carrotrevolution.blogspot.com/

The day is coming when an ordinary carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.

-Paul Cezanne