Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: June 12, 2005

---------

From: Leah Korican (lbkrobar_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 13 2005 - 00:54:33 PDT

thanks for the mural ideas! I would like to make a deeper statement
like the community bridge. What a fantastic project! I will definitely
share this with the students.
One of the statements I hope the mural will make is "look how beautiful
kids art is, we made this ourselves" while the community bridge mural
takes the ideas of the community and expresses it through the artists
hands and eyes...I don't want this mural to look like it was made by
me, even using their ideas.

  I've considered the possibility of making it more meaningful by
showing them some peaceable kingdom images and asking them to have
their jungle animals show something about community. I'd definitely
like the mural to go beyond the decorative.
This list is so valuable! Thanks!!! Any other thoughts or ideas are
welcome.

best,

Leah