Re: [teacherartexchange] Taxes

---------

From: Harold Olejarz (holejarz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 11 2005 - 19:07:19 PDT

Hi,

For years I have filed a schedule C as an artist and deducted all of
my art-related business expenses. I have sold work and have enough
credentials to avoid the "hobby" category. Years ago I was audited and
the IRS wanted to call my art making a hobby and disallow the
deductions but grants receipt's and sales along with exhibitions put
an end to that argument.

Harold