Re: [teacherartexchange] setting up a new art room

---------

From: Holmgren (holmgren_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 11 2005 - 12:07:51 PDT

I do the same thing for wet work--one of my clothelines stretches in front
of a long row of windows (also the heating vents underneath)--so I can hang
work back to back. I also keep that whole counter space underneath, which
stretches next to the windows free to use for drying, as well. A fellow
teacher gave me a small wire drying rack last year--it sits on my counter,
and I can get one class's work on it (or two, if it is small work). There
is no room in my art room to put a large drying rack. Sometimes I have
stuck masking tape rolls on my cupboards, and put prints on there to dry.
Flexibility--I think if we art teachers didn't have it, we might go crazy (I
know I would!).

Mary H.