[teacherartexchange] GETTING ORGANIZED

---------

From: Tammy Willis (tmwillis72_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 10 2005 - 19:01:37 PDT

Being a 2nd year teacher there are still alot of things I need to learn.
This being said I was wondering if anyone had any helpful hints for keeping
their artrooms organized. Since September I have had piles of "things to do"
well they are still here. Also supplies how do you keep them? Ex pencils,
glue, scissors? Do you have helpers who handout materials? I am trying to
begin thinking of all of these things for next year.I want to have a room
that the kids know where things belong and I can have them be more
responsible for the cleanup. Any help would be oh so fabulous!!! Also if
anyone would be willing to share pictures of what there room set up looks
like I would appreciate it.

While I have you "eye" I was wondering about discipline. I have had a bunch
of chatty cathys all year, as well as some
non- compliant students. I have noticed depending on the classroom teacher a
difference in the kids. Do you go by the classroom teachers discipline or
set up your own. Does it say something about your teaching if they are
talking and not working? Is it ok for them to talk in art? I want them to
enjoy coming and release themselves.

Now the last thing I swear (well for now anyway) Lesson planning, do you do
units or a new lesson everyweek? I have been doing lesson that will take
more than one art time but it is still one lesson. Is unit plannning a
better option? I think it would be better for the kids. Now I am thinking
unit planning would be best for 3-6 because some of my little ones attention
can't even be held for the whole art time.

Thank you so much. I am sure I will think of more.
Have a good day.

Only 2 more weeks to go.

Tammy