Re: [teacherartexchange] Eeek...more questions

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 09 2005 - 16:33:42 PDT

Stacie,
        You can print without a press but I'd urge you to
add one to your program at some point. Here is some printing
my Middle School students did:
http://www.taospaint.com/NewPress.html
http://www.taospaint.com/LessonSelfPortraitPrints.html
http://www.taospaint.com/LessonCollographPrint.html
As for clay, it's a must for your program. I suggest you visit
a school that has a ceramic program in place. Remember that
you don't have to do everything the first year. Start out
with a few things and get a handle on it then add something new.
One advantage you will have is getting the same students back
each year as they move from elementary through middle school.
Train them well and build on their skills as they move through
your program. You will be amazed what they will be capable of
in the end. As for clay here are some things my students did:
http://kancrn.kckps.k12.ks.us/rosedale/SlabSculpture/Slab.html
If you ever have specific questions, please feel free to
e-mail me off the list at: mailto:woodyduncan@comcast.net
                                Woody

--
	Woody, Retired in Albuquerque