Re: [teacherartexchange] drying racks--Stacie

---------

From: Ann Heineman (aiheineman_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 09 2005 - 10:59:12 PDT

Hi Stacie,
       Congratulations on your new teaching position!
If you order drying racks, pay close attention to the size of the openings
between the grids of mesh on the shelves. Some of these openings are too
large a space to effectively handle smaller pieces of paper, like 9x12, so
consequently they fall through and create big problems. I had to go to the
hardware store and buy a special mesh fabric to shape and to tie on to each
shelf, but that solved the problem. (My principal ordered the rack and I had
no say in its design.) Learning to load/unload a drying rack is an art in
itself, especially when you have multiple classes of elementary students
needing to use it each day!
   Some other items I would recommend: bottle/jar openers, small
lightweight ladders, magnetic clips for hanging things on blackboards, good
quality scissors, a movie screen!

                           Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus
                           Art teacher, K-5, retired

Christine B wrote: I agree with others that said get a drying rack or 2.
They are a lifesaver. Mine are two sided and old about 30 pieces of 12/18
paintings on each side.