Re: [teacherartexchange] New teacher here!

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 08 2005 - 14:45:21 PDT

Stacy,
        I don't know charters, but most districts have different
types of budgets. Art supplies, consumables, came from one pocket.
But equipment like a kiln, slab roller or printing press came
from another pocket. They seemed very willing to buy the big stuff
but were tight with consumables. Fortunately I've had lots of
understanding principals over the years. They knew the art program
ate supplies. Make the program strong and the building look good
and the supplies will come.
        I retired 2 years ago and moved 900 miles away, yet
my last principal visited our new home here in Albuquerque just this
past Monday. I hope you get a good, caring one, it's so important.
        Also begin to build up a back stock of supplies. My
art supervisor told me to have enough on hand to teach for
three years. The lean years will come so be ready. You might
not have just what you need but the stocked storeroom will
keep you teaching.
                                Woody

--
	Woody, Retired in Albuquerque