[teacherartexchange] Scale Model of a Sculpture Park

---------

From: Arlen (arlens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 08 2005 - 14:43:36 PDT

Hi.

I recently created www.wickhamstonepark.com to show
the art of my grandfather E.T. Wickham. He was a folk
artist in Palmyra,Tennessee who created life-size
concrete statues of politicians,Indian chiefs,
and religious figures among others.

Sadly, most of the statues are now vandalized and
beyond restoration, but I have been wondering about
the possibility of creating a scale model of his park
in better times. With this in mind I recently surveyed
the site to get measurements for statue placements and
posted this information as well as current photos of
the statues to the website.

Does anyone here know of any resources for
scale-modeling a sculpture park? Might there be some
college art class that would be interested in taking
this on as a class project?

Thanks,
Arlen