Re: [teacherartexchange] New teacher here!

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 08 2005 - 14:21:01 PDT

I just got home from a luncheon and saw all the replies to
your post. I haven't read those yet, but this is a great place
for good advice. I'll suggest one supply for your older kids.
I taught middle level (6-8) and loved the soft creamy quality
of Crayola's Portfolio Series water-soluble oil pastels. The
pigments are quite rich for the price, under $8 for a set of 24.
We used them several ways and they wipe off tables with water.
One lesson was a combination of torn paper college, prang
watercolors and the oil pastels. I have it on line at:
http://www.taospaint.com/AdobeLesson.html
I'm retired now, but I have several lessons on the web that
you are welcome to look over:
http://www.taospaint.com/LessonIndex.html
Anyway, welcome to the list. You will find great people here,
ready and willing to share. They are also a great support
when things don't go quite right.
                                Woody

--
	Woody, Retired in Albuquerque