Re: [teacherartexchange] New teacher here!/supplies

---------

staciemich_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Wed Jun 08 2005 - 10:20:48 PDT

Thanks you so much!

-----Original Message-----
From: twoducks@aol.com
To: TeacherArtExchange Discussion Group <teacherartexchange@lists.pub.getty.edu>
Sent: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 13:00:41 -0400
Subject: Re: [teacherartexchange] New teacher here!/supplies

Staci: after you make your supply order, consider making a cool looking newsletter to the parents introducing yourself and your upcoming program. And highlight "things that money can't buy" My parents are so wonderful for sending in yarn and cloth remnants, ribbon, fancy paper and so on. Some contributions go very quietly into the trash, but most of them are life savers and stimulants to the art program. We artists are scroungers, aren't we! Actually the ART EDUCATION artical referenced earlier by George Szekely, has a large focus on students bringing in their own art media. I recommend that for summer reading and inspiration. And by the way, if you write to George (I think his email is at the end of the article) he will mail you a copy of the video for free. It is wonderful.
good luck to you in your new job. it is the best job in the world.
kathy douglas