[teacherartexchange] Art Education Teaching Students to Become Independent Artists A Film Script1

---------

From: Christine Besack (mrsbeeswax_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 08 2005 - 03:29:02 PDT

Hi All,
 Interesting article from Art Education January 2005
Lowenfeld memories, Art Education info.
Teaching Students to Become Independent Artists

 http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa3772/is_200501/ai_n9466413

Hope this helps,
Christine Besack :)

Rant begins here ......

I am surfing the internet early this morning looking for some uplifting, motivational Art Education related reading. The spark that lights my fire on this subject are my students. I know that is why we do , what we do.
The administrational crud, and red tape is what weighs down our wings.

In a real funk about 1/2 of my job next year. As I wrote to a few close friends earlier this week...

I am being involuntarily transferred out of one of my 2 elementaries that I have taught at for 12 years.
I am going to have to share a school with another art teacher, and share a room at that school with the other art teacher, and 3 music teachers. They will not be there when I'm there, just their stuff ARGHHHHHHH !!!!
What doesn't kill you will make you stronger !!! my new mantra !!!!

 I will keep one of my schools, that is a positive, I will be there for 3 whole days, not 2 and 1/2 like past years. And the principal at that school is extremely supportive of my program. (so there are good points) The other 2 days are a crap shoot at this point.

Thanks for listening, CB :)