Re:[teacherartexchange] teacherartexchange digest: June 05, 2005

---------

From: Debra Anderson (debraa_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 06 2005 - 14:10:26 PDT

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

Hi, I'd like to invite you all to participate in a National Craft Lesson
Plan Exchange Project. Many of you may already be familiar with our
60-minute PBS documentary, Crafting an AmericanStyle, on the history of the
American Arts and Crafts Movement. Crafting an AmericanStyle made its debut
to art educators at the 2005 NAEA Conference. (Pam Stephens and her grad
students, at Northern Arizona University were one of the first art Ed groups
to screen the video and incorporate their lesson plan ideas into a classroom
setting).

We're are now looking to partner with an art educator in EACH of the 50
states to collaborate in the project. To participate, click on the following
link to download a participation form
(http://www.americancraft.com/artist/Market_Insider/PDF/CAAS.pdf)
and return to me via FAX by June 15th. Free videos will only be given out to
the first 45 educators from each state to submit a participation form. I
will confirm your participation via telephone. Please print your contact
information clearly. Contact me at DebraA@rosengrp.com or 410.889.2933 ext.
222 for more info. I look forward to hearing from you!

Currently, art educators in the following states have participated: Arizona,
Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Virginia. The documentary is ideal for, but not
restricted to, middle school and high school levels. Elementary level lesson
plans submissions are welcome and encouraged. Sample lesson plans are
available for download at http://www.CraftinganAmericanStyle.com. Click on
the link for 'Art Educators'.

BRING Craft into Your Classroom.
BE RECOGNIZED as 'One of 50'.