Re: [teacherartexchange] God's Eyes and other sacred artworks

---------

From: M.Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 05 2005 - 10:43:12 PDT

You are correct. All I was pointing out is that all we know about this
situation is that the teacher threw away the God's Eye after loaning it out.
We know she recently discovered it had a meaning that she was unaware of,
and that she is a Jehovah Witness. So, lumped all together, it seemed that
the reason she threw it away was because of it's meaning. The truth may have
been as simple is that she spilled coffee on it, or that she loved the idea
of it being art for art's sake, and that she was disenchanted over it in the
end.