Re: [teacherartexchange] God's Eyes and other sacred artworks

---------

From: M.Austin (whest177_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 05 2005 - 10:13:12 PDT

Are you all sure that it is because it was a Christian idol, based upon
Native American beliefs that made her throw it away? I am surprised that so
many are quick to criticize her for throwing it away - maybe she thought she
was being disrespectful by having an icon that did not mimic her beliefs. If
we base our beliefs on respect for all religions and races, then we must not
condem her for being a Jehovah's Witness. I know a secretary who was
respectful of her office's desire to celebrate Christmas, yet was blatantly
criticized for not wanting to participate in the gift exchange, or the
Christmas party.