Re:[teacherartexchange] Right Brained Learning

---------

From: LarrySeiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 04 2005 - 07:24:35 PDT

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1573223085/ref=pd_sxp_f/002-91
17227-8342469?v=glance&s=books

thanks Woody...looks like an interesting book.
I was also reading the reviews, and thought the analysis of John Hwung at
Amazon on the book also interesting...that the assumption thus far by Pink
as to our outsourcing taken over by Asia, we can learn to be more right
brained and creative (almost as a means to compete), and Hwung points out
that-
"First and foremost, these six R-Directed aptitudes are not the sole
possessions of the Western countries. Asian countries have them, too, and
can probably master them just as well."

He certainly credits Pink with observing and making known what should be
obvious to our Economic leaders and Washington...about the Asian problem,
but that Pink's R-Directed aptitude solutions fall way short- "promising a
mansion, but in the end giving us an apartment"

I think the book will be a good read and intend to get it, thanks for
bringing it to our attention. I'm sure there will be yet good arguments in
it for us to consider as art educators....

Larry