[teacherartexchange] Right Brain Learning

---------

From: Woody Duncan (woodyduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 03 2005 - 21:09:27 PDT

I just became aware of an author named Daniel Pink.
His book is titled "A Whole New Mind". Here is
someone urging more emphasis upon creative learning.

His key thesis is that the future no longer belongs to
analytical professionals?the linear, logical knowledge
people (the ?SAT people,? he calls them, pointing to his
article in today?s USA Today on the SATs). It belongs
instead to creators and empathizers.

He was on Lou Dobb's show on CNN tonight. Pink says we
(the USA) need to shift more to skills that can't
easily be outsourced the way math and computer tasks
can be. I'll need to get the book and explore his
thesis. Perhaps all teachers need to check into his
concepts.

http://www.corante.com/many/archives/2005/03/14/sxsw_daniel_pink_on_a_whole_new_mind.php
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/sim-explorer/explore-items/-/1573223085/0/101/1/none/purchase/ref%3Dpd%5Fsxp%5Fr0/102-8315226-1215328

                        Woody