Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

[teacherartexchange] Site with Oriental Patterns - for art projects and more

From: Judy Decker (judy.decker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 03 2005 - 09:56:16 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

This site was posted to the Altered Book list:

You do have permission to use the patterns to make art. I saved one
for my Altered Book Tip In pages.

The patterns are all Oriental Kimono designs. They would be great for
my Cultural Threads - Hands drawing with collage project. Patterns
could also inspire Kimona art projects (like Ken Schwab's collagraph

You can also buy cultural textile patterned papers. My students used
digital images and the printed papers for that project. We were not
concerned about "copyright" when we saved and printed our images to
use. I thought the lessons learned were valuable.

Judy Decker

Incredible Art Department
Incredible Art Resources
To unsubscribe go to