Re: Character Education & Art History - Jill and All

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 30 2004 - 18:36:10 PDT

Greetings Jill,

It is good to see you got back on the list.

I highly recommend you check into Art Image Publication's Character
Education Print sets.
Order the prints - look at the sets and lessons and if you can not use them-
just make arrangements to return them
I have tired to get some sample lessons for IAD - but no luck.

I brought character education into all lessons.... but it would take too
long to write out all I did . I don't even have it written on my plans that
are on the site.. I just did it daily with things I said -- and with the
artists I chose.

Lessons on Heroes are a good place to start.

Art Image Publications are easy to find online - they have a sample
character ed lesson on their site that looks very good.

Judy Decker

On 6/30/2004 9:22:23 PM, ArtsEdNet Talk (artsednet@lists.pub.getty.edu)
wrote:
> What are some art history lessons you have taught that focus on
> effectively integrating the character education traits such as caring,
> courtesy, tolerance, truthfulness, kindness, respect, work ethic, etc.?
> Thanks. Jill (BT) ---

---