Abstract Animal Scratch Art Lesson Plan on IAD

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 30 2004 - 15:56:23 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Here is a wonderful lesson plan from Kathleen Arola - a first year art
teacher - 8 year veteran classroom teacher.
She has been brainstorming like crazy on new ideas to try next year.

Abstract Animal Scratch Art:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/Kathleen-scratch.htm
Included is an assessment tool.

I like her added note for a substitute - that the sub is not to follow this
but to use the sub folder. All elementary and middle school teachers should
develop a substitute folder for those "emergencies".

This lesson will be linked officially after Kathleen has tried it with her
kiddies.... This is how the File for Sharing works. I share - you download
what interests you. I do go through and weed out files that are no longer
being used....and link up ones that are being used. The Files folder is just
easy for me to enter URLs for you.

Thanks Kathleen (one of the tables didn't save right to html - folks can
tweak that themselves) Ignore minor formatting glitches - I will fix them on
the final lesson.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/