What is YOUR number one rule for teaching?

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 30 2004 - 14:15:34 PDT

Greetings Art Educators,

This was a thread that was posted to Getty list last summer.... It sure
takes me a while to get some thing done!
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/teacher.htm

Getty folks - I did not clearly state that I was posting this to the site -
but I assumed all of you knew I would. If you do NOT want your words of
wisdom shown - just reply to me off list.

Now that we have many new members on all lists, perhaps we could add to this
file?

What is Your Number One Rule on How to be a Good Art Teacher?

My number one rule was really "Kids Come First".... You will see that Maggie
White has posted that.
I had my own reasons for posting the rule that I did on that day.

Post your Rules for Teachers to the list....and only if I can add them to
this page. This is not the permanent URL - it is just an easier one for me
to enter. It will eventually be linked from my Teacher Resource Files page.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/
Incredible Art Resources