American Folk Art - Reduction Print Quilt Lesson

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 29 2004 - 19:58:30 PDT

Dear ArtsEdNetters,

Kelli Wilkie sent me her American Folk Art Reduction
Print - Quilt Design Lesson:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Kelli-lino.htm

She also included scanned in handouts - that re-did
for the site as the file was too big.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Kelli-lino2.htm

You can get an idea what I might have done with it....
Other ways might be to have a word bank - with a line
under each image - fill in the blank kind of work
sheet. I chose to match letter to number. Kelli had
numbered quilt patterns and numbers for names too. You
can set it up any way you wish..... Generally with
matching, one column is letters and one column is
numbers. I tried to think of a way that would be least
confusing for special ed kids (but my assessment
knowledge is getting fuzzy)

Enjoy this lesson. Send in your successful units and I
will share with all. This one is linked from Middle
School Lesson Plans.

Judy Decker

=====
Judy Decker