Re: Email domains being blocked - was "Many Thanks..."

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 28 2004 - 06:31:02 PDT

Greetings all... I hear you Sharon....

Now after all of the virus threats that have gone around, entire domains are
blocked/blacklisted on my server --and on many of yours (I know my Road
Runner addy is blocked on many servers).... If I send someone a personal
email and don't hear back from them - I now assume - Oh well - my address
must be blocked..... AND if you send me an email and I don't get it - assume
Road Runner is blocking your email domain. I have had to enter each AOL
address into my Friends list on Mailwasher - other wise all would have been
bounced and Blacklisted. I do not Blacklist any email addresses that are
viruses and I hope you don't either.... as you will be Blacklisting innocent
people. I had to Un-blacklist my own email address. Remember - real people
are not sending out the viruses (well - the real person who created the
virus is -- but they are not coming from the spoofed email address)

From now on...this is what I am going to do.... If I spend a long time
answering someone off list and do not hear back.... I will post the entire
email to the list in hope that you will get it. All of you have my Yahoo
address to try.....Road Runner is my preference as I answer all of that mail
first. I usually do not post with Road Runner - but in this case it is
easier to do so. Once Getty changes how posts are archived - I will get a
new Road Runner address so I will no longer get hundreds of virus and Spam a
day.

If you get a message that your email to me was rejected - I can get you
unblocked.....but will need the full error report you received - the reason
why.

I hope this will helps the communication continue....

Judy Decker

On 6/28/2004 12:53:41 AM, ArtsEdNet Talk (artsednet@lists.pub.getty.edu)
wrote:
> I sent again to your aol address. please let me know you got it.
> Sometimes aol doesn't like me but doesn't inform me it refused my
> messages,
> On Sunday, June 27, 2004, at 10:58 AM, vranck0602@aol.com wrote:
>
> > Hey Sharon,
> > Gee, I thought I had, but I just checked and yours wasn't there. I have
> > pasted the survey below if you still want to invest a few minutes. It
> > will be
> > greatly appreciated.
> > Thanks,
> > Vicki