Relief Prints using Photoshop

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 27 2004 - 21:17:12 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Kevan Nitzberg has shared his high school prints.... Even upper elementary
can use Photoshop to manipulate images for a print. This takes the fear away
from drawing the compositions and allows the student to really develop
printing techniques/skills and experimentation. I have Kevan's lesson on
this file:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/high/ReliefSelfPortHS.html
His is at the bottom - Kevan uses same idea as the portrait - but opens the
composition ideas up to more subject matter than portraits....Plus his
student experimented printing on different textures and colors.
I will add a link on the Photoshop lessons too. This is a nice bridge
between technology and traditional media.

I will not be turning these into more detailed lesson plans with objectives,
resources, etc. I have many links on my site.

This is linked from High School Lessons.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/
Incredible Art Resources