Re: Many thanks to those who helped (Thanks Sharon!)

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun Jun 27 2004 - 08:20:07 PDT

Greetings ArtsEDNetters,

I had personal reasons for not answering the
survey...One, I am not in the classroom anymore....and
others I will not share with anyone.
BUT it was my idea to post to the list giving list
members the option to answer or delete as list mail
doesn't have to be answered. I make a point to always
answer personal mail.

Vicki, please don't be offended....but it does annoy
me when someone posts "last chance to help me"....with
whatever the topic may be. I am pleased as punch
though that you thanked your survey respondents....as
that gave me an opportunity to post this, too.

When someone takes a LONG time to answer your question
- be a survey - or whatever it is... PLEASE take the
time to give them a personal thank you so they know
you got it - send JUST to their email address. In the
subject line include their name and a thank you for
(whatever). I thanked each and every survey respondent
individually when I posted my IAD Survey last
spring....It does not take that long to grab the email
address of the individual person who helps you. This
may just be a bug-a-boo with me....I may be the only
one who prefers Thanks Yous? ...and I want personal
thank yous to me sent off list....That is just a
bug-a-boo with me, too (long story). I help so many
people and all list members don't need to see you
thanking me to the list.

Sorry folks....but my "Joy in Sharing" is gone now. I
still share with so many (don't ask how many emails
are in my Road Runner sent folder - I even deleted
many of them)but only when I can do it "graciously"
(grin). I would like to add to my list of folks who I
can help graciously - with no expectation of anything
in return. It is so easy to get added to this long
list of those I do help.

Judy