Impressionist Exhibition and other pieces of excitement

---------

From: Grant headquarters (jggrant_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri Jun 25 2004 - 06:58:53 PDT

Oooh, I can't resist sending this message. I have just come back from a
teacher preview of 'The Impresssionists: Masterpieces from the Musee
d'Orsay' at the National Gallery of Victoria. Any Australian art teachers
out there who can go to this simply must do so. Over 90 works of such
breathtaking beauty and the teacher resources handed out were pretty cool
too. It's on till the end of September and I will be going again. My head
is buzzing with ideas.

Some of my grade five and six students are going to be doing a 4 day
workshop at the NGV working on printmaking in the style of the French
graphic artists of the period next term and others have had their
group of my grade fives will be going to spend a day looking at a Japanese
exhibition next term, hearing some Taiko drummers, creating their own
paper scrolls with the help of master calligraphers, making mons and so
on. We are also going to create large scale wooden totems. Oh, such a busy
time. I just had to tell you all.

Gina
Melbourne

---