Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Paper Mache Bird Lesson on IAD (elementary)

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 24 2004 - 20:36:08 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

This summer, I revisited my paper mache bird file that
was on IAD.... It is now back on as a lesson plan.
Pueblo Inspired Paper Mache Birds:
Just scroll past my ramble if you want the lesson.
Some may remember this as my "fancy project" that was
posted last fall. I may put the Zuni jewelry one on,
too. I did not put many links on this one... I got
tired of writing (grin). I didn't have Internet when I
did these. I used books (made these in 1995).

You could do any kind of animal/creature.... I did a
very similar lesson with Dr Seuss as inspiration -
only for 7th graders. They made all sorts of wacky
creatures (a lot were birds since I had a bunch of
free black feathers from the old band uniform plumes).
A very similar idea will be published in MaryAnn's new
book -- I just wanted mine going to "the world" first.

I have this linked from Elementary Lessons.

If Totem Poles comes up again - I will write that one
out, too.

Linda Woods - if you see this- I found my own Oaxacan
wood animal I made in the attic. I am going to turn
him into garden art. He needs some paint touch up -
then polyurethane. I will finish your Oaxacan lesson
this summer, too.

Judy Decker

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department