Re: glass engraving

---------

From: Scott Harrison (harrison360_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 24 2004 - 08:05:38 PDT

I have used a sand blaster (from autoshop!) to engrave glass with
stencils. You can buy this heavy duty Masking tape which is 12" wide
and cut out the logo if it isn't too complex and transfer it from vase
to vase. I get a more consistent etch effect this way. The other way is
to screen print the glass etch cream onto the vase. This would require
some practice in order to get a clean image and you might have to build
a jig to hold the vase and screen securely.
Scott Harrison
South Fork High School
Humboldt Redwoods CA

On Jun 24, 2004, at 7:54 AM, Aust ArtClasses wrote:

> Has anyone every done any glass engraving and would be willing
> to share some suggestions. I have only done one try at it. I
> am using a Dremel tool. I have been asked to do 60 retangular
> glass vases with a Technology logo. I really could use some
> suggestions here.

---