"Red Hat Show"

---------

From: Carolyn Roberts (croberts18_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 22 2004 - 15:49:48 PDT

Carolyn Roberts
Kinston High School
Kinston, NC
croberts18@cox.net

RED HAT SHOW

OBJECTIVE: To create a two-dimensional work of art that includes a red hat

GRADES BASED ON:
. Composition
. Illusion of depth by using:
- Overlapping, size variation, position on page, value (lighter colors in
distance/darker colors up close, intensity (bright colors up close/dull
colors in distance)
. Texture
. Emphasis - focal point, center of interest
. Repetition
- Color, shape, pattern, etc.
. Contrast
- Color, value (light against dark), texture (smooth against rough), line
(thick/thin, curve/straight, light/dark, etc.)
. Pattern

IDEAS:
. Person wearing a "red hat"
. "Red hat" included in a still life setup
. Monkey swinging through the trees with a "red hat" in his hand
. "Red hat" for sale in a shop window
. Clown with "red hat"
. Santa Claus wears a "red hat"
. Etc. etc. etc.

EXAMPLES OF ARTISTS WORKS:
. Jacob Lawrence "Parade" 1960
. Marc Chagall "Peasant Life" 1925
. PLUS lots of images that I found on internet

MEDIA:
. Your choice (Pencil/colored pencil, pastels, oil pastels, paint, etc. etc.
. AS LONG AS YOU HAVE INCLUDED A RED HAT IN YOUR PICTURE!

STUDENT EXAMPLES:
http://cyber.lenoir.k12.nc.us/khs/croberts/redhat.htm

---