Lia Johnson's Graffiti Project for sharing (snail mail)

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 22 2004 - 13:56:53 PDT

Dear ArtsEdNetters,

Many of you were interested in Lia Johnson's Graffiti
unit. Hers is the one that was done with Social
Studies (The social studies teacher got the grant for
the project - service learning - Lia was a
"consultant"). Students painted on desks... designs
were meaningful - important issues. Craftsmanship was
high. I have a CD with a video (that is really quite
cool) - Lots of images from Lia - The step by step
procedures for painting the desks (they did paint
these to last). Included in the envelope are Graffiti
alphabets and samples of student writing about the
project. Right now, I am without my scanner - so I
thought I would offer to "pay this forward" until my
scanner is working again.

If you would like to view the video - images - how tos
- student writings - etc this summer - reply to this
email with your snail mail address (OFF LIST). I will
collect address all week then will start the package
on its way. The last person on the list will mail it
back to me. Fair enough? Lia would like others to
benefit from this project. She is on her way to new
position teaching college art - so will not need these
returned to her.

Judy Decker

=====
Judy Decker