Calling for All Hands - All Grade Levels - See Christine's!

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 22 2004 - 12:59:41 PDT

Dear ArtsEdNetters,

I would like to see the Hands ideas pages grow....
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/hands.htm

Scroll down to the newest addition submitted by
Christine Besack (more details to come on this one).
Adinkra Meets Mendhi Hand Designs.

Designs are done in colored pencils with watercolor
wash backgrounds. Fine point markers could be used,
too. I like the look of bark paper for the negative
space. You can get the illusion of bark paper by
crumpling the paper - painting - then ironing when
dry. I can't tell if this is what Christine's
students did.

Links on Hands Around the World to come. I have them
started. Some of you may be interested in the Fatima
hands from Morocco (Hands of Protection - Jan Hillmer
got me started on that one).

Hands was a "hot topic" last fall... I am hoping
several of you come through with some cool ideas to
add. I have some of my own I will play with , too
(maybe?). Maybe my hubby could add them to our garden
art collection?

Just so you know... all ideas that are sent to IAD are
"copyrighted". I do NOT give permission to use any
ideas or images any where else - I only give
permission for you to use them with your students.
Hope that answers some of your questions. I have been
a busy lady today answering emails (chuckles). Of
course if you look closely at my hands page - you will
see I snatched an image from Dick Blick....So far they
have not complained. I can always remove it, though.

Cheers!

Judy Decker