Working with Special Needs Students

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 22 2004 - 08:40:03 PDT

Dear ArtsEdNetters,

I do have a page started on Incredible Art Department
(IAD) for Special Needs:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/special.htm

I have about thirty messages to sort through to add to
the file. Now that the topic has come up again - I may
I have the motivation to get the page done. This page
will take me about three or four more hours (I am
guessing).

Donna (from Florida) - if you see this - I would like
for you to submit ONE lesson plan next year in return
for this favor. I don't care what grade level - just
have it be one on teaching children with special
needs. I don't think that is unreasonable - do you? So
many think I should give hours of my time and expect
nothing. I have "paid it forward" now for years (Getty
list member since fall 1999).... Now it is pay back
time. My motto for 2004 "Caring and Sharing the Arts".
I still care plenty... I am just waiting for some of
you to start sharing (smile).

FYI for anyone still reading.... I sent Mark
Anderson's 30 page pdf file to at least 60 people....
So far no one has sent anything to Incredible Art
Department as a "thank you". I have learned my lesson.
I will no longer forward any files unless a file comes
to IAD first. The barter system worked for thousands
of years in many countries. It works for me, too. Is
that "Caring and Sharing Spirit of Getty List" gone?
Folks who have already contributed to IAD, I sent that
file to you as a thank you.... No need for you to send
anything now. My call is going out to those who have
not contributed anything....It is time for a little
"guilt trip" (grin). Sorry to "vent" to the list again
- but I didn't save the emails I sent. Send any
replies to this portion to ME not the list. BTW - Mark
Anderson's file will not be put on IAD. Donna Pauler
couldn't translate it for me - without both of us
going through a lot of work - she did try.... and No
-- I will not forward it to anyone now (grin).

Judy Decker

=====
Judy Decker
jdecker4art@yahoo.com