Mary Ann Kohl's New Book - Look for YOUR name

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon Jun 21 2004 - 22:23:47 PDT

Dear ArtsEdNetters,

MaryAnn Kohl has used many of your ideas in her new
book - Look for your name below.

FYI - I did not give permission for MaryAnn to use the
lessons on IAD, I assume she contacted the authors. I
do have a copyright statement on the site.

This is the email I received from Mary Ann:

I am writing because many people contributed ideas to
a new book I have been working on with hopes of having
the idea written up by me and placed in the book. The
original discussion included "favorite fancy art
projects" and "projects with progressive steps". Those
who submitted ideas agreed to receiving a free book
and being mentioned in the book if their idea was
chosen.

The book is with the editor at Gryphon House at this
time. It is called PRIMARY ART: Art for grades k-3 -
It's the Process, Not the Product. (or something like
that!). The editor has not decided which projects will
be included in the final book, but the following
people's ideas are in the book AT THE MOMENT.

I would appreciate hearing from each person to give me
their mailing address and email address so I can keep
them informed about the progress of the book, and if
their idea remains in the final book, to send them a
free book as a thank you.

Each person whose idea remains in the book will be
recognized in the following way (example):
Susie Smart, art teacher, Crayola Elementary School,
Sunnyside, WA
or
Susie Smart, Sunnyside, WA
However you like being credited.

Please let me hear from you...skim through the
following list and see if you are there (for the time
being...I am hoping that all projects remain in the
final book....will keep you posted.)
MaryAnn Kohl
maryann@brightring.com

(The titles of the projects may not ring a bell for
you, as your title may have changed...)

From folks in Incredible Art Dept:

Box Sculpture Peggy Bennett, Box Sculpture -
elementary art, Marrington Elementary, Goose Creek,
SC, Incredible art dept

Shiny Foil Depiction Teri Schlotman, Painting on Foil
 elementary art, Villa Madonna Academy, KY Incredible
art dept

Wavy Grid Drawing Deb Sterner, Grid Drawings
Special Ed Art K-12, Buffalo, NY Incredible art dept

Op Art Patti Caiola, Toledo, OH Incredible art dept

Glue Line Design Michal Austin, Painting with Black
Glue art, Flinthill, Rosalia KS Incredible Art Dept

patterns to cat with contrasting colors to the
background Michal Austin ,
http://www.geocities.com/theartkids/artlessons/second/patterncat2.html

Glue Line Chalk Beth Elzinga, Tempera Batik
Elementary Art, Champlain Valley Christian
School/North Country Christian Academy, Vergennes/
Williston, VT, Incredible art dept

Fine Art Scenes Valerie Kerwin, Dress-up Masters -
after school program, YMCA, Sarasota, FL, Incredible
art dept

From folks in ArtsEdNet Talk (MaryAnn has most of your
email addresses - I deleted them here):

Pueblo Inspired Paper Mache Birds Judy Decker

Foil Figure Jeryl Hollingsworth, SC, foil and tape

Stocking Sculpture Mark Alexander,
(I did suggest MaryAnn use Becky Thorton who came up
with this project fisrt)

Winter Village Jana,
Winter Village Carola Dunham,

Mini-Master Ann Heineman, Columbus

Puffy Stained Glass Denise Pannell, Defiance, OH,

tissue, glue, foil Ellen Sears (tissue, glue, foil)

Crystal Winter Ellen Sears,

Simple Grid Enlargement James Ray,

Canvas Paint Susan Menkes Long Island, NY

Gloss Watercolor Cathy Gaul

press draw design in foil Linda Charlie,

Paper Weave Geoffrey McClain, Sky in NJ.

Fancy Clay Plaque Denise Pannell, Defiance, OH,

from folks in OTHER groups:

Transparent Art Rona Somers,stained glass over foil

Scribble Dribble Cindy C., Learning Circle
http://the-learning-circle.org, Central NJ (drip high
above paper)

Sparkly Layered Snow Jan AZ, first_grade@lists.,s.net
Dilute Epsom Salts in water

Expressly My Book (altered book) Mary-Anne Schoenike
Gresham School, WI

Foil Shimmer Mosaic MaryAnn Woelfel,

Warmed Leaves Paulie, first_grade@lists.,s.net leaf
scraped crayon melt

Windy Bead Mobile Ingrid Crowther
art4kids@yahoogroups.com

plaster carvings, Dayna, small lunchroom milk cartons

Email MaryAnn maryann@brightring.com for questions and
to send her your credit information and snail mail

Judy Decker

=====
Judy Decker
jdecker4art@yahoo.com