Kim's studio makeover

---------

From: robin phillips (robinmcp_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 19 2004 - 21:22:20 PDT

Kim-
This is sooo cool! I have always dreamed of being completely RE-organized
by an expert in the field! One of my favoritve vicarious experiences is
watching Clean Sweep on TLC network to see if any of the organizing tips
will rub off on me! A couple of my thoughts: Definitely a floor that can
be hosed down which would require a floor drain and as near a seamless
application as possible. Tons of counter space and open shelving for works
that are in the process. Closed storage that is accessible and that you can
label. Multiple work areas (in terms of seating, I mean) that way if you
are doing one thing and have to leave it for another, you don't have to
break it all down and put it all away because it's the only spot where you
can set things up. Also some type of storage on wheels to store the
supplies you might use on more than one project (like drawing materials,
rulers, exacto baldes) The only other thing I can think of is to REALLY sort
through all of your stuff and toss out or recycle the things you won't use.
It would be such a waste of time and space to have them organize materials
that you aren't going to use.
I wish you lots of luck (even though I am a bit jealous!) Keep us posted as
to when the show will air. Have a good summer.
Robin in PA

MSN Toolbar provides one-click access to Hotmail from any Web page FREE