RE: End of Darkroom

---------

From: Leslie Miller (lamiller3_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat Jun 19 2004 - 19:53:58 PDT

I see no reason why we shouldn't go digital and have done some in the lab
with the children, but years ago, when we were allowed to have photography
in the elementary schools, and I had a little darkroom in the art room
anti-room, I saw the faces of the third and fourth graders as the magical
images appeared in the developing tray. That doesn't occur with the digital
work. That was pure magic!
I miss my own darkroom. I loved printing my own photos.
On the other hand, some of the work digitally is wonderful in other ways.

Leslie in Framingham. MA

---