Re: Wire Sculpture - Wire Jewelry Lesson Pages added to IAD

---------

From: marcia lavery (marciadotcom_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 17 2004 - 16:31:02 PDT

Quick question: Where can I get donations of telephone wire? Can I call a telephone company for this? Marcia

Judith Decker <jdecker4art@yahoo.com> wrote:Dear ArtsEdNetters,

Thanks to Christa-Maria, I now have a lesson page
started for Wire Sculpture:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Christa-wire.htm
This is linked from middle school plans.

I would be interested in adding your lesson and
images.

Christa Maria also sent in images for a Wrapped Wire
Jewelry page:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/high/Christa-wire.htm

I would be interested in turning this into a complete
lesson plan. It is linked from High School lessons.
Send your student images and lesson detail and I will
add them. Right now, there are not many jewelry lesson
plans online.

Here is one for woven jewelry - using telephone wire:
http://jeffcoweb.jeffco.k12.co.us/isu/art/wovenwire.html

Here is one for Filigree Jewelry - using telephone
wire:
http://www2.hawaii.edu/hga/Lessons/jewelry.html

Nice lesson from Dick Blick for elementary (using
clay):
http://www.dickblick.com/multicultural/indianjewelry/

African Jewelry (from elementary) -adaptable to Native
American)
http://www.lessonplanspage.com/ArtSSAfricanJewelryMaking68.htm
(this says it is for middle school - but I did a
similar Native American lesson with 2nd grade).

Linda Wood's Etched Metal lesson:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Linda-jewelry.htm

Precious Metal Clay Lesson:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/high/silverclay.htm

Quality lessons plans are needed for jewelry.

Judy Decker

=====
Judy Decker
jdecker4art@yahoo.com