Re: 8th grade art fundamentals for HS

---------

From: Sue Stewart (Sue_Stewart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 17 2004 - 12:45:09 PDT

Boy, I agree with this problem (seniors in beginning classes) - we have a
policy of not letting seniors into beginning art since we then lose that
population to graduation and our advanced classes suffer - so that forces
them to start at an earlier age. they can only "jump" the system if they
have an outstanding portfolio and sketchbook from outside classes or self
taught - either way, there are few exceptions.

Sue E. Stewart
Fine Arts and English
Sumner High School

---