Re: 8th grade art fundamentals for HS

---------

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 17 2004 - 12:35:06 PDT

Ken,

Yes, they can move on to the advanced art courses broken down
into Drawing, painting, sculpture, electronic media. Again, if
we discover students like this early on, we move them into the
Art I Studio. Many times, because of overcrowding, the students
who are interested in art get board with us having to deal with
classroom management. When we developed the Art I studio, for
more advanced art I students, we found students maintained their
interest in art. This has helped our Advanced classes to grow.
 Students are also reccommended for advanced art from general
art i classes.

Jackie Brewer (Aust)
Bryan High School
Bryan Texas 77802