Re: 8th grade art fundamentals for HS

---------

From: Aust ArtClasses (austart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu Jun 17 2004 - 04:16:57 PDT

Beth,

You will find that this is an area with diverse setups. I can
tell you how we handle it.

Art I Comprehensive - Students who come to us with the limtied
art background from middle school or with little desire for art
(Fine Arts to graduate so they choose art thinking it is the
"Easy" course. Sometimes we discover students who can be placed
in the class below.

Art I Studio - these students have had art in 7th and 8th
grade, have a strong sense for studio expectations, can submit a
portfolio, and have teacher reccommendation. These students
are art oriented usually for 4 years, unless schedule prevents
it.

Jackie Brewer (Aust)
Bryan High School
Bryan Texas 77802