1. What techniques or activities have you found to be most
sparking creativity? Kaleidoscopes spark creativity, one of our
best lessons, made from clay.
2. What techniques or practices do you use to increase student
skills? Siimple one day activities with little time to work
3. What teaching techniques have been most successful in your
reaching a variety of learners? Using tecnology in the
classroom, drawing slates as the sketchbook.
4. how does the physical organization of your room help to
and address a variety of learning styles? I group students,
after about four weeks, and also have all my walls full of
5. Is your classroom more student centered or teacher centered?
If you are asking about the set up-I feel it is both, I give
students access to materials(with some limitations) yet have
some teacher controled areas.
6. Taking into account the six national visual arts standards,
which do you
think are the most important? (rate from one to six, one being
important and six being most important)
3)Understand and apply visual arts media, techniques, and
1)Use knowledge of visual arts structures and functions.
2)Choose and evaluate a range of subject matter, symbols, and
5)Understand the visual arts in relation to history and culture.
4)Reflect upon and assess the characteristics and merit of their
the work of others.
6)Make connections between visual arts and other disciplines.
Jackie Brewer (Aust)
Bryan High School
Bryan Texas 77802
email@example.com (Art Classes)