Whistles

---------

From: Justin Kramer (bern30_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue Jun 15 2004 - 00:12:12 PDT

Just finished teaching this once again. Different spin on the surface
decoration this year. Students emphasised the texture of the creatures
through oxiding with iron oxide. Once fired they then further coloured the
forms with liquid inks. The works had a similiar appears to handcoloured
etchings.

Just finished a whole heap of press moulded pots with sgraffitto patterns -
used body stains (blue, yellow and white) on mid fire red clay. Once fired
the students further enhance with press metal, beads and wire - all very
nice (I imagine allot will become presents for mum :) . I will send some
pics to Judy soon. Holidays after next week - yeeha.

Cheers

Justin

---