Re: art survey, please respond

---------

From: Harold Olejarz (hoart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 16 2004 - 18:21:38 PDT

> 1. What techniques or activities have you found to be most successful
> in
> sparking creativity?

Having projects that excite students. Giving students a foundation to
work from and enough freedom to build on the foundation in very
creative ways. Showing students exemplary work by other students.

> 2. What techniques or practices do you use to increase student
> thinking
> skills?

I encourage them to make their own decisions and sometimes offer
suggestions on how to develop a project. I also encourage students to
talk about their work with other students.

> 3. What teaching techniques have been most successful in your
> classroom for
> reaching a variety of learners?

Individual instruction. I try to visit each student while they are
working on a project. Also, I encourage students to ask help from
others and to give help when they can.

> 4. how does the physical organization of your room help to spark
> creativity
> and address a variety of learning styles?

I teach in computer labs and don't have much display space.

> 5. Is your classroom more student centered or teacher centered?

What do you mean by this question. When I am doing a demonstration or
teaching a concept the room is "teacher centered." When the students
are working on their projects it is "student centered."

1

2

5

3