Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Justin Kramer's Clay Whistle Lesson on IAD

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed Jun 16 2004 - 10:29:33 PDT

Dear ArtsEdNetters,

Justin Kramer's "How to make a clay whistle" pdf file
is no longer on IAD. I have changed it to html:
(Thanks to Donna Pauler for changing the pdf file for
me) You do have Justin's permission to use the images
to make a poster for your classroom. I don't have the
cool font Justin used for his headings. Justin's
original file was on three pages - you can play with
the formatting and add your own headings to separate
the pages. I will forward Justin's original pdf file
to anyone who has a ceramic lesson plan to submit. You
will need to be able to receive a 3 MB file via email.

It is linked from Middle School and High School lesson
plans. I have some tips that were posted to Getty
ArtsEdNet to add to it - just have to find
the posts.

Cathy from Hawaii used Justin's handout with her
students and had near 100% success rate. She had
whistle "experts" (students who got it easily) in the
classroom help students who were struggling.

I will add the Getty tips later.

If anyone has student examples of whistles, I would be
happy to include them. Send to my Road Runner address
(email on home page of IAD and my site)

Judy Decker

Judy Decker
Incredible Art Department